Google code (archive): https://code.google.com/p/jgauge/
Github (future development): https://github.com/dariancabot/jGauge
Version 0.4.0 – 20110511
Version 0.3.0 Alpha 3 – 20110303
- Added automatic ‘SI/binary prefix’ option for k, M, G, etc…
- Added SI/binary prefix support for gauge auto-ranging.
- Added auto-update off CSS from jGauge size settings.
- Added label and ticks.label color setting.
- Fixed findUpperLimit bug (not rounding value up).
- Fixed tick values and needle position when tick.start isn’t 0 (zero).
- Fixed needle z-index issue.
- jGauge internals are more object oriented.
- All spelling for functions, vars, etc. changed to American-English from Australian-English. This is to follow the general code standards and avoid confusion.
Version 0.3.0 Alpha 2 – 20101101
- Angles now referenced with 0deg to the right (not to the top). This is the more common standard.
- Defined ‘jG’ as base state for ‘this’ making code simpler and improving readability.
- Fixed canvas element sizing. Now done through DOM, not CSS which never worked. This was only noticeable in gauges larger than 300×150 (the canvas element’s default size).
- All offsets now relative to gauge centre point (not upper left corner). This has made positioning elements more intuitive for a dial/circle gauge.
- Finished the .updateRange() function.
- Created the .resetLayers() function to tidy up after gauge changes that would otherwise bring the modified layer to front causing design problems.
- Consolidated number precision operations into a new .numberPrecision()function to eliminate code doubling-up.
- The .findUpperLimit() function has been simplified and now allows for a ‘multiple’ to be specified to round up to.
- Various other code tweaks.
jGauge version 0.4.0 is currently being developed and is a complete overhaul of version 0.3.0. So far there changes made are:
- jQuery, jQueryRotate, and canvas have been dropped.
- There is no longer dependency on the CSS reference making jGauge much more ‘self-contained’.
- Graphics are vector by default.
- I’ve shuffled around the internal object relationships to allow for multiple needles and lables.
- So far all these changes have made jGauge’s total file size 30% smaller!
Because of these fundamental changes version 0.3.0 Alpha 3 probably won’t be developed any further to make way for the much better version 0.4.0.